Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4798 Discussions

The resurrection of the mammoth in the form of a SE7520BD2 DDR2 motherboard

Khunarvadov
Beginner

HI All,

I found this server in decent condition and decided to make a NAS out of it for home needs, and why not, I thought. First of all, I decided to update the BIOS. To do this, I prepared two floppy disks (oh, yes, I found a drive with floppy disks that I used a thousand years ago), wrote two files on them AMIBOOT.000 and AMIBOOT.001, then following the instructions flashed the main ROM and as a result received the message when loading the BIOS: Error (8600): Primary & Secondary BIOS ID's don't match. OK, I thought, apparently the backup ROM has a different version and you need to balance both ROMs)))) and yes, I saw in the instructions a firmware ban when the J1B1 jumper was set to position 2.3, but I did it anyway. Now the board does not boot from any ROM and even with the jumper J4H1 does not want to read the firmware from floppy disks. As far as I can understand, now there is only one option - a programmer. Is it possible to resurrect the board without removing the BIOS chips ? The board emits three long beeps when turned on.

I will be glad of any help with this case

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, Khunarvadov,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Thank you for understanding.

Allan

0 Kudos