Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4842 Discussions

VROC and RAID keys

RSump1
New Contributor III
Hello everyone,
On an Intel S2600STBR, can a NVMe RAID 1 array be created without a RAID key in place?

Thanks
Ray
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your ticket regarding RAID on the ST platform, and I will be reviewing this with you.

An Intel VROC key is required in order to enable the NVMe RAID functionality, this can be confirmed in the product specification Section 3.1 (page 9) of the technical product specification:

- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/ssd-software/Windows_VROC_User_Guide.pdf.

The other embedded RAID solution for this platform, Intel ESRT2, does not support NVMe RAID configuration, it is SATA only.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know, and I will follow up on May 9th in case you need additional time.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your ticket regarding RAID on the ST platform, and I will be reviewing this with you.

An Intel VROC key is required in order to enable the NVMe RAID functionality, this can be confirmed in the product specification Section 3.1 (page 9) of the technical product specification:

- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/ssd-software/Windows_VROC_User_Guide.pdf.

The other embedded RAID solution for this platform, Intel ESRT2, does not support NVMe RAID configuration, it is SATA only.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know, and I will follow up on May 9th in case you need additional time.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

I wanted to follow up on this community thread in case I can help you with anything else.

The thread will be closed on May 12th if there is no confirmation about Intel assistance being required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

This message is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously confirmed that a VROC key is necessary in order to enable VROC RAID configurations for NVMe drives on this platform, but there was no confirmation about further assistance being required after trying to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos