Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4299 Discussions

Windows clients to backup data into SS4200

idata
Community Manager

Other than Copy-past manually, is there any opensource or affortable clients that will do the copy every night of the new files ?

Here are the details.

a) firmware 1.1.11.32736

b) 2 1TB harddisks.

On my Vista laptop,

I have enable iSCSI Initiator Properties

Discovery

Target Portals 192.168.1.xx port 3260

Installed

Restrospect express HD

It does not show any diskdisk where we can store

When i go to windows exploer I do see my storage decive, when i click it, it launches SS4200-e website.

I was able to map the drive via FTP. But i really want to run a simple software that will copy my laptop files as-is to these NAS harddisks. let me know how to fix it

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Restrospect Express HD can do it for you with no charge.

Have you installed the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=16298&ProdId=2910 latest client software? Once you install it you should have a mapped network drive (normally X: or Y:) to \\\Backups. Then run Restrospect Express HD and you should be able to backup.

Note you should map to a windows share, not FTP. iSCSI is not required.

idata
Community Manager

Now my other laptop failed and i have moved to latest Intel and Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

I am unable to install the software you have suggested on windows 7, 64 bit laptop.

Please suggest.

idata
Community Manager

Stared using FBackup 4 on Win7.