Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

please can anyone advise me for the right motherboard for dual CPU Intel Xeon E5 2699 V4 ES QHUP 2.1Ghz 22Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 this CPU is ES version, not Retail version

Malmu6
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello Malmu6,

Thank you for joining the community

This processor you refer is a engineering sample (ES) as you state. Unfortunately Intel doesn't sell used, refurbished, or publicly sell engineering sample processors. Intel doesn't honor warranty for used, refurbished, or engineering sample processors. For more info go here

For compatibility information on the retail version of this processor you can go to ark.intel.com (http://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/91317/intel-xeon-processor-e5-2699-v4-55m-cache-2-20-ghz.html) and scroll down to compatible products. Ones there you should be able to see all the Intel server boards families that support this processor. All of them are dual socket though.

Hope it helps

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Malmu6
Beginner

thanks mr jose

in fact, I bought 2 of them from eBay to upgrade my hp Z840, that time I don't know what ES mean, now I trying to find a compatible motherboard , but from your answer, I know that this CPUs useless

thank you very much for the quick response

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Malmu6,

I apologize to hear that. I will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos