Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

s5000psl halt problem

idata
Employee

Hi all

I got a motherboard s5000psl a week ago . Since it the first time i have this kind of server i had to learn a lot of stuff to boot configure etc.

I managed to install OS fedora 12 from usb drive. I worked ok for some time but and since i am testing the system i was testing settings etc.

Now i have a prob the system starts everything looks ok but after a while it allways halts .I have upgraded to last bios to see if it stops halting but it continues to halt.

The system freezes on post when i edit bios bassicly freezes everywere

It has 16 gbs memory and precessor quadcore 5345

Can someone help me to troubleshooting this problem please .

Kind regards,

ae

http://4gwififree.com Net Lisboa

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

update:

I have reset bios , cmos ,bmc but it continues to halt please can someone help .

Tks

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

Need more information. Halt where and how? Durring run time in the OS? durring POST ? Can you boot to EFI and run the SEL viewer tool to see if any events are being logged?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

tks for your answear . I am still in midle of testing but for now i manage to resolve the problem for now. i manage to make it working using one processor and 2 gbs memory but thats not what i want .... but i had it later to see what happends still in the middle of testing ..

Anyway tks for your time.

0 Kudos