Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4785 Discussions

the S5520HC board with RAID controller RS2BL080

idata
Employee

my server and HD backplane config is as follows.

my HD backplane has 6 SATA ports, and my s5520hc has 6 sata ports, RAID controller RS2BL080 has 2 ports.and a cable that comes with 4 sata connector.

would anybody advise how to connect the 6 hard drives with its 6SATA Backplane ports.

i keep on getting no hard drives, even though i can see the hard drives in the BIOS and configured RAID 6 and at the same time i can see the 6 drives on the server startup.

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

What OS and version?

If teh BIOS is seeing the RAID and the OS does not , it is usually a sign that your OS does not have a native driver for the raid controller and you need to load one.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Which controller (onboard SATA, or RS2BL080) are you trying to use with the backplane? As far as I know you can't connect two controllers to one backplane. If you want to use both, connect the backplane to RS2BL080 (you may need a second cable to connect all 6 ports on the backplane), and connect SATA drives to onboard SATA ports directly using SATA cables, or using a second backplane.

0 Kudos