Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

1366 X 768 on intel 945gm

ishan05
Beginner
I have a sony vaio VGN-N270E with intel 945gm chipset and I have an LG 26LC7D... I want to connect my laptop and use the resolution 1366 x 768 because its the TV's native res. but there is no option to select it from the list of resolutions on the graphic properties... What am I supposed to do?? The max possible is 1280 x 768...
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Can you get the EDID using Moninfo? Or find a Linux Modeline for 1366x768 for your TV?

Without the specific timing information for the monitor it's difficult to suggest a setting.

0 Kudos
lex-on
Beginner
Quoting - ISN Admin

Can you get the EDID using Moninfo? Or find a Linux Modeline for 1366x768 for your TV?

Without the specific timing information for the monitor it's difficult to suggest a setting.

and how to obtain that?
0 Kudos
banghao
Beginner
Quoting - ishan05
I have a sony vaio VGN-N270E with intel 945gm chipset and I have an LG 26LC7D... I want to connect my laptop and use the resolution 1366 x 768 because its the TV's native res. but there is no option to select it from the list of resolutions on the graphic properties... What am I supposed to do?? The max possible is 1280 x 768...

Callaway used Golf Clubs are some of the highest searched golf club terms in the search engines. So you may be very curious about what makes them so special? Therefore, I went to Callaway website and read about their company and history. Also I found other good product,such as TaylorMade R9 Fairway Wood,TaylorMade R9 Driver,TaylorMade R9 Irons,Ping G15 Driver,callaway X-22 irons,Titleist AP2 Irons .
0 Kudos
jugglearth
Beginner
SOLUTION!!!!

OK... I have this same graphicschipseton my netbook... now my netbook does a max setting of 1024x600 (native resolution), and these are the only 'List Modes' displayed when this is the only default monitor. I connected the vga of my my 1366x768 monitor while the netbook was off, powered on the netbook, went in to the display settings by intel, then plugged in the monitor so it had power. Immediately (I assume because it's plug and play) the egg timer appeared and I had the 'monitor' option, as well as 'Notebook' in the graphicsproperties/Display Devices. When I looked under 'Display Settings', My max resolution was 1366x768, which was the highest option - perfect, as if my monitor was recognized.
At some point I powered down, not sure in which order, but when I switched back to the profile I had saved for my new monitor settings, the res was garbed - no 1366x768 option but plenty higher! I knew I'd had it on 1366x768 earlier, but couldn't figure it out! Was going to take the monitor back, then realised (while it was disconnected) that the monitor option haddisappearedfrom the Display settings.... so I turned everything off and connected it all in the same procedure as before - and it was back to 1366x768 :o). Not sure WHY thise option gets lost when powering off and on (while vga and monitor connected with power), but try this and see if it works for you as I read a million threads and nothing else helped.
0 Kudos