Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

3D Scan Error with Texture Flag

josh_s_2
Beginner

I've seen the 3D Scan demo work in the SDK and in my own c++ code, but when I try to initialize it with the Textures flag, either in my code or in the demo C# app, I get an error. The demo app reports "SetConfiguration returned an error." And the SDK in my own app returns from SetConfiguration() with "PXC_STATUS_INIT_FAILED (-503)"

I have a RealSense R200, running VS2015 on Windows 8.1, 64 bit, on a 2014 MacBook Pro with Bootcamp.

If I was having other trouble getting the SDK working, I'd revisit the hardware setup. But everything else seems to be working just fine. It's just the Texture flag on the 3D Scanning that's failing me. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Here's my code:

PXCSenseManager *sm = PXCSenseManager::CreateInstance();

pxcStatus s = sm->Enable3DScan();

s = sm->Init();

PXC3DScan *scan = sm->Query3DScan();

PXC3DScan::Configuration scan_config = scan->QueryConfiguration();

scan_config.startScan = false;

scan_config.mode = PXC3DScan::ScanningMode::FACE;

scan_config.options = PXC3DScan::ReconstructionOption::TEXTURE;

s = scan->SetConfiguration(scan_config);

//s is coming back as PXC_STATUS_INIT_FAILED

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Thanks for reporting this issue. I will look at it and see if it is a bug. Will keep you post. 

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

It is a known issue for 32bit app. Please try our 64bit app @C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\bin\x64\DF_3DScan.cs.exe. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Klaus_V_
Beginner

Hello Josh!

Since I won't get any support from Intel, I wanted to ask you if you maybe have the c++ version of the 3D-scan-sample. My SDK seems to be "too new" and I only have the C# version which is useless for me, since I don't have the necessary qualifications to fix a C# program. So I'd really need the C++ code. Maybe you can help me out. 

Kind regards, Klaus

0 Kudos
josh_s_2
Beginner

Klaus,

I don't think there is a 3D Scan c++ sample app. I was able to find the x64 version of the c# sample to test the scanning with the texture flag, and I was able to get my code (above) working when I compiled for x64.

-Josh

0 Kudos
Tom_D_1
Beginner

Thanks for the answer David, did the trick!

Klaus; i think there used to be an C++ example but it has been left out at some point. I found this example useful (C++), https://github.com/GameTechDev/FaceMapping/blob/master/facescan/GameFaceScan.cpp and quite supportive ;)

0 Kudos