Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Android Crosswalk - Black Screen

magdelaine__anthony

Hello,

since 1 long week i try to solve this problem in my application... without any result or right direction.

for my application i'm using cranberry phonegap iap and admob.

my application, exported using cordova in C2 (unminified), and in intel XDk is exported to differents platforms:
IOS --> works correctly
Android crosswalk --> white screen pop and then black screen for eternity
Android --> works really really slowly, but works to the main scene, wich allow me to see 1fps... the speed up after everything is loaded then crashes.
emulation works also well...

can somebody help me identify why it doesn't work on crosswalk ?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
magdelaine__anthony

I made a new build after some cleaning in the intelxdk.config.additions.xml

removing all informations about the plugins wich are already listed in the intelxdk.config.crosswalk.xml

without result...

and another build on wich i toulk the attached screenshots.
i'm wondering if the google.playservices may be incause, but i don't think so because the build was already not working before i start using any plugins...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anthony, I recommend you export a version of your game that does not require any of the plugins you've added, to be sure you can build your game and run it in the simplest configuration. Then add the plugin features, one-at-a-time and test.

Also, I suspect the game you imported is set to CLI 4.1.2, change it to CLI 5.1.1 and build with that.

0 Kudos
magdelaine__anthony

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer,

I have tested without any plugins and exported in html5, without any result, so the problems is clearly not from plugins.
cordova Cli is set to 5.1.1 since the beginning, i never touched that point.

there is a step between, the export from construct and the export in crosswalk, that my game doesn't like...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anthony, could you provide a ZIP of the entire project that Construct2 exports (before you attempt an import into the XDK) that I could look at to better understand what Construct2 is doing? I might be able to shed some light on how to import that project into the XDK. We have changed some things in the XDK that may be not working well with Construct2.

0 Kudos
magdelaine__anthony

yes, i'm preparing it, with a cordova export, like i do usually for all my projects.

where should i send it ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can provide a download link by clicking the "send author a message" link on my post.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Anthony -- I think you need to add a splash screen with a long delay, but my experiments were not conclusive (I'm not able to spend much time on this). To try the splash screen experiment, you need to add the Cordova "splash screen" plugin (if it's not already part of your project, see this page for help) and play with these parameters by adding them to your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file:

<platform name="android">
    <!-- below requires the splash screen plugin -->
    <!-- docs: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-splashscreen -->
    <preference name="SplashScreen" value="screen" />
    <preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="true" />
    <preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="5000" />
    <preference name="SplashMaintainAspectRatio" value="false" />
</platform>

In particular, the "SplashScreenDelay" number, which is specified in milliseconds. There is a default splash screen built into the build system, that you can use to debug against, even if you don't add one to the project. Ultimately, you'll want to replace it with your own.

Also, see this page for instructions on how to best import your Construct2 project for use with the Intel XDK > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/607195

If that doesn't do it (the splash screen), it may be some sort of initialization going on in your game...

0 Kudos
magdelaine__anthony

Thanks for your help.

i have added splashscreen to my project. now here is what i get

Splashscreen during 3 sec.

Black Screen.

it's a bit the same but i'm going forward.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anthony, you might also try rearranging the order of the JS file loads, for example, try loading the cordova.js before the jquery.js or after the c2runtime.js, etc. You might see some changes in the init time. I'm guessing that there is either some extended cranberry init going on or something in the C2 runtime init. If you removed the cranberry plugin you could quickly see if that is the problem. If that is not the problem, it is likely something about how your game and canvas object init and load.

0 Kudos
magdelaine__anthony

k, i tryed to rearrandge the script order without effect, so i'm actually restarting my project inside construct step by step to find the problem.

and so, first error message i get withe a simple import project from source, cordova checked:

Unable to build. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and try again

plugin cordova-device-does not exist

i'm connected to internet, because i'm writing this message.

and about the plugin, there is no folder added to the project automaticaly as i can see.neither for cordova-plugin-splashscreen.

so i start by deleting them also because i don't need it

0 Kudos
Surya_K_
Beginner

where to add <preference name="LoadUrlTimeoutValue" value="120000"/> to increase the app timeout .. its showing Application error "The Connection to the server was unsuccessful(http://demo.hrapp.co/)"

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That would go in your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file, in the root of your project folder.

0 Kudos