Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Android Intent

Christophe_T_
Beginner

Hello

I am coming back to evaluate the XDK development tool, which has been quite dynamic since 15 months I left it.

However I have the same problem with intent: There is now an intent entry in the Cordova parameters for android, but no documentation about it. 15 months ago I had to build a fake plugin to achieve what I wanted, and this was not good, so I left the XdK to code manually. What's up now.

What I wan is quite simple si to put my app in the send to menu either on android or iOS, so that user can pass me an url for me to work with. Nothing very special. Manually I had to add these line of codes for android for instance:

<intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEND" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                <data android:mimeType="*/*" />
            </intent-filter>

So can I do this simply now? I tried just to pass http://* as intent (external) but I am not sure what it means.

Best regards

Christophe, Paris.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Christophe_T_
Beginner

The code i sent you, that you have put in the Q14 of your faq still works, but I don't feel confortable using this.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Christophe, that FAQ code represents the essence of a plugin, which is what you have to use to do what you want to do. Note that the Intel XDK creates Cordova apps, so the methods available to you are those that can be used with a Cordova app.

0 Kudos