Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Android Key Hash in Crosswalk

Todd_S_2
Beginner

Hello All,

I'm trying to implement a Facebook sign in button for my app. I can't seem to find the key hash information anywhere. The tutorial I found is a bit out of date, but it says I should be able to generate the key hash in the build options, however these options don't exist on the Crosswalk build page. How does one go about getting a Key Hash for a Crosswalk build?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

You can refer refer below mentioned link which is the most updated one for XDK-1816. Select the android guide to get started. Even download the ZIP for existing sample.

https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-facebook-plugin

0 Kudos
Todd_S_2
Beginner

That simply tells me that I need a key hash, not where to get it. Everything I've seen says to use keytool in the command line to generate this key. It needs a keystore file to generate this key. The problem is that I don't know where this keystore file might be, all I get back from the build server is a pair of .apk's. Can I somehow extract a keystore from the apk? Is the keystore kept on the build server? If so, could someone send me the keystore file?

Thanks for the help so far.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Todd,

In order to get a .keystore file, please send an email to html5tools@intel.com specifying the email address associated with your Intel XDK account in its contents. Your request will be addressed there. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a clue at the very end of this forum post: https://forums.html5dev-software.intel.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8125

0 Kudos
Todd_S_2
Beginner

Sorry, I was working on a different project last week.

I'm not sure if I'm just asking the wrong questions, but none of the solutions posted thus far have resolved my issue. I'll try to explain my problem better.

I'm using the aforementioned facebookConnect plugin to implement a single sign on for my app. I have all the proper credentials set up on the Facebook side, and I can log in using my iPad. However, when I run the login script from my Android, I'm get the following error from Facebook:

"This app has no Android key hashes configured. Configure your app key hashes at <url>".

Strangely, after hitting ok on the Facebook page, the success event still fires.

Everything I've seen thus far says to put the Facebook app id into a tab on the build page to generate the hash key. There are no tabs on the build page. All I have is a couple blocks of text and a build app button.

I did email for the .keystore file and generate a key hash that way, but Facebook tells me that hash does not match any stored hashes. I've also tried configuring the Facebook side with and without the html5tools domain.

Am I simply overlooking something obvious? Where should I be looking for the key hash? Do I even need it?

Thanks again for all the help so far.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Todd,

Please refer to following link which contains similar kind of issue.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27468813/this-app-has-no-android-key-hashes-configured-login-with-facebook-sdk

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@Alessandro S.

We have received your request and will process it today. No reason to be upset :)

0 Kudos
Heikki_E_
Novice

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

@Alessandro S.

We have received your request and will process it today. No reason to be upset :)

I have requested also .keystore file couple days ago by sending email to  html5tools@intel.com. How long it will take? 

0 Kudos
Brandon_K_Intel
Employee

This will be completed later today.

0 Kudos
Heikki_E_
Novice

Brandon Kiefer (Intel) wrote:

Great, thank you!

0 Kudos
Heikki_E_
Novice

Brandon Kiefer (Intel) wrote:

I have received keystore file, but I can't sign app with it. I'm getting error "jarsigner: unable to recover key from keystore". I used the details provided by email. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Lawrence_T_
Beginner

Did anyone figure out how to get the key hash then???

so important!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee
0 Kudos
Bryon_N_Intel
Employee

Update: Current versions of the Intel® XDK have a certificate manager that will allow you to download your Android keystore.

Once downloaded, you can use the Java keytool utility to display your keyhash.

0 Kudos