Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Any plans for "easy" support for WKWebView on iOS?

Barry_Johnson
New Contributor I

Hi-

I was curious if the XDK team might be looking at support for directly supporting the webkit webview on iOS.

Thanks

--Barry

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barry_Johnson
New Contributor I

Cardin-

a) Addressing an English speaker on a primarily English-language board in Portuguese seems a little odd.

b) I didn't say I had difficulty. I asked if the XDK team had plans to make it easy. Sort of like the way they make building with Crosswalk easy/transparent/convenient relative to using command line.

c) I am little confused - do you work for Intel?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Cardin seems to be leaving unsolicited spam on the forum, you can ignore his messages, I've removed it from this thread.

Support for the WKWebView on iOS by the XDK depends on proper integration by the Cordova project. My understanding is they are not quite there, yet, but expect to have it available this spring (see this blog post > https://shazronatadobe.wordpress.com/ < Shazron is one of the key contributors to the Cordova project).

When it becomes available thru Cordova CLI we'll be able to offer it in our build system. My suspicion is we'll have to provide an option, probably thru the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file, to get it working (at least initially).

0 Kudos
Barry_Johnson
New Contributor I

Thanks Paul - I later noticed quite a lot of spam from him elsewhere.

I agree - the WKWV stuff is still pre-prime-time it appears. It was in fact Shazon's post on it that prompted my inquiry.

It would be appealing to have a toolset be able to handle the switch in config between build for UIWV vs WKWV.

Nothing I was expected imminently, but just trying to stay attuned to direction.

Thanks again

0 Kudos