Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

App_Framework directory

John_F_3
New Contributor I

When a project is created, there are two sets of files for app framework.  One set is in 2.1 folder and the other in the main folder.  What is the difference between the two sets and their intended use?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Short Answer: You can delete the ones you are not using. (most like the upper ones). 

Long Answer: it's an artifact of backwards compatibility. In this case it seems wasteful, because there are no other files besides the .css and .js versions. But for most frameworks the .js and .css might change between framework versions, but the icons and images and other supporting material (which are far heavier) tend to change less.

0 Kudos
John_F_3
New Contributor I

The upper ones keep getting replaced by the XDK even though they are not used!

I made some changes to try to silence the JSHint on my other thread by actually fixing some problems.  When I came back again to the upper app_framework.ui.js the changes I made were gone!!!!!

To repeat this behavior create a simple project using  AD.  Edit the upper app_framework.js. Enter design mode and add a listview to a column. Return to app_framework.js and the changes you made are gone.

So my question still remains, what is this extra copy since it is not being used but keeps ticking like a Timex watch when you try to destroy it?

0 Kudos