Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

App Preview for Android - cannot start cloud apps and demo apps are blank

Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

S C. wrote:

Also App Preview for Android. It was fine a few days ago. Now all my apps have  "error : unable to retrieve app for cloud server. did you use test tab in xdk to push/sync project files to server?"  yes I have push/synced.  Also app preview's demo apps are blank.

Hi S.C.-

It sounds like this might be related to some authentication changes that we've recently made, but I'm not sure if the issue you are having is due to changes on the client side or the server side.  I need a little more information in order to start understanding what is happening.  

First of all, we released a new version of App Preview for Android (2.3.0) a little over a week ago with includes some authentication changes.  Did you upgrade to that version?  You can check what version you have by doing a 5-finger tap in App Preview - it's a little awkward and perhaps easiest to do on the Overview/Login screen.  You could also just check in Apps in your device's Settings app.

You could try to simply uninstall App Preview and install it again - there is some information that we cache and clearing those caches might help.

Are you having any trouble logging into the XDK?  If so, this might be a problem with your account that is not directly related to App Preview.

Another thing that might give us some more information is to check if an error is occurring in App Preview during startup.  You can use Chrome's [Remote Debugging with Android|https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/remote-debugging] feature for this.  The best thing to do would be to [completely exit App Preview|http://www.wikihow.com/Close-Apps-on-Android] before you start the remote debugging session in chrome.  Then start App Preview and see if any startup errors occur.

Sorry I don't have a simple answer - I hope this helps.  Please post a follow-up, even if you just uninstall and re-install to get it working, thanks!  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Okke_G_
Beginner

The solution provided by Anthony was sufficient for me: clearing the app cache (on Android).

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Okke G. wrote:

The solution provided by Anthony was sufficient for me: clearing the app cache (on Android).

Okke-

Thanks for sharing this information.  Just to be sure I understand, you were having the problem that S.C. described.  You cleared the Intel App Preview (AP) app cache using Android Settings->Apps.  Then you started AP, logged in and the problem no longer occurs.  Is that right?

Thanks again!

Tony

0 Kudos