Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

App incompatible with Nexus 5 on Android 6.0.1?

FP
Beginner

Hi there,

We have received reports that our app will not install on Nexus 5 on Android 6.0.1 - we have had no problem with 50+ users on Android 6.0 (none on 6.0.1 yet according to play store stats), are you aware of any issues with 6.0.1 or Nexus devices? We don't have a device with 6.0.1 on it so can't test it right now. Our build target is 19 (KitKat) but never had any issues with later releases.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We have not heard of any such issues, I have a Nexus 7 that runs Android 6.0.1 and I have not run into problems with test apps that I have run on it, also with target API level 19. There may be an incompatibility with a specific plugin?

• Are you building with CLI 5.1.1 and Crosswalk?
  • Have you tried sending them an app built with a higher target API (such as 21)?
  • Have you tried sending them an app build to Android, rather than Crosswalk?

BTW, we are working on a new build system that upgrades the cordova-android component to improve compatibility with the new Android releases. I do not know if this would address the problem, but wanted you to be aware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Can you upgrade the OS version on the existing device?

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Amrita C. (Intel) wrote:

Can you upgrade the OS version on the existing device?

Not sure what you mean? 6.0.1 is the latest Android, and currently we do not have a device that will run it - a customer alerted us to the issue. I am just wondering have you heard of similar install issues on Android 6.0.1 with other xkd apps?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We have not heard of any such issues, I have a Nexus 7 that runs Android 6.0.1 and I have not run into problems with test apps that I have run on it, also with target API level 19. There may be an incompatibility with a specific plugin?

• Are you building with CLI 5.1.1 and Crosswalk?
  • Have you tried sending them an app built with a higher target API (such as 21)?
  • Have you tried sending them an app build to Android, rather than Crosswalk?

BTW, we are working on a new build system that upgrades the cordova-android component to improve compatibility with the new Android releases. I do not know if this would address the problem, but wanted you to be aware.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Hi Paul

Thanks will try to check it out, must get a Nexus 5 ;-) Thanks to you and the team for the hard work and for being so responsive, we do appreciate it!

0 Kudos