Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Audio object in Crosswalk 12

Claude_N_
Beginner

If the use of the Audio object works in crosswalk 12 on one device is it reasonable to assume it will work on all devices (that support crosswalk 12)?

Basically I'm asking if the successful use of the Audio object is part of the Crosswalk webview? Or, is there some involvement with the device that will make this a variable success?

Thanks in advance for any clues.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

In general, it should work across all devices, since the identical Crosswalk runtime is being used on all devices (it is part of your app). It is possible that there is a problem on a device that would prevent the Crosswalk <audio> component from working properly. For example, there are some weird issues with the Cordova accelerometer and Android 5.1 devices, even though the devices have working accelerometers.

If you are having trouble with audio, you should investigate using some Cordova plugins. See this sample for some code: https://github.com/xmnboy/hello-cordova/ and also search for "cordova audio plugin" for other alternatives.

0 Kudos
Claude_N_
Beginner

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the confirmation. Appreciate the link to the xmnboy/hello-cordova. I will use that to compare to my alternate sound library.

The project I am working on now is the only one that uses the Audio object. It's a legacy thing. Since it was working I figured I would go with it provided my suspicion about crosswalk was correct.

I figure Android upgrades will eventually break anything I have in the app store. Seems to be the way of it these days.

In the mean time I can use the working code base and just go with it.

Gotta love Crosswalk.

0 Kudos