Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Back button and app exit problem

ben4
Beginner

Hello,

I am having 2 problems with my generated app, the first one is that I cannot find a way to build a "back button" in my header, I am currently using bootstrap. I have found some threads in this forum where some guys posted pictures of a tick box "back button" but I just cannot find it in the Intel sdk gui.

My second problem  is how to create a proper "exit" button that completely stop the app rather than using the Android "home" button to come out of the app, as I have noticed that the app still runs in the background.

Thank you,

Ben

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

By default, bootstrap is doesn't provide a back button in the standard header of the UI framework. You can add a back button to the header by dragging a button on the desired page's header and updating the Trigger's action to the previous page manually in the drop down menu.

It is not possible to terminate an app programmatically using JavaScript or a plugin.

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Ben,

If you did as Elroy suggested, you may use this code to return to previous page:

parent.history.back();

Because if you call the page from different places, a fixed page to the button is not the same as back.

It works in my Bootstrap projects.

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
ben4
Beginner

Thank you to both of you!

I will add this little js code then, thanks again.

Ben

0 Kudos