Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Bug! - Graphic Buttons not working after update

John_L_11
Beginner

Since the recent update, when we add any graphic buttons in App Designer, assign a src image, the buttons constantly clear the image and set it back to  "undefined". Even the "image src" checkbox is cleared and we have to assign the image again. The images are standard PNG files but it doesn't seem to matter what image is assigned.

What we DID notice is that it happens only if we clear the Button label (leave the label blank). If we add a label, the button images remain intact.

Is anyone else having this issue since the update?

Using the Cordova/HTML5 platform, Windows 7.

John

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

John L. wrote:

Since the recent update, when we add any graphic buttons in App Designer, assign a src image, the buttons constantly clear the image and set it back to  "undefined". Even the "image src" checkbox is cleared and we have to assign the image again. The images are standard PNG files but it doesn't seem to matter what image is assigned.

What we DID notice is that it happens only if we clear the Button label (leave the label blank). If we add a label, the button images remain intact.

Is anyone else having this issue since the update?

Using the Cordova/HTML5 platform, Windows 7.

I've asked our App Designer expert to take a look.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

I see that too. Thanks for the report. I've logged it and we'll start investigating a fix.  I'm not sure what is amiss, as there has been no recent change to that component. 

In the interim, the workaround is to not clear the label completely, but merely set it a single space.

Chris

0 Kudos
John_L_11
Beginner

Thanks Chris.

Good suggestion. However, the workaround will not really work for us as we need this series of buttons stacked with minimal space between each. With a blank label, it adds a whole line-space between the buttons.

For now, we are leaving the labels in until we are ready to build. Then remove all the labels and cross our fingers :/

Thanks again for your quick response to this. XDK is really a great environment for mobile app developers. You guys did a great job on this!

0 Kudos