Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build app doesn't work

Rainer_S_
Beginner

Hi,

The app I've build is relatively simple.2 html and some js.
It works fine in emulate, test, debug modus.
js and html are both validated.

When build and loaded it shows just the first screen but doesn't react to clicks (except for showing that the buttons are clicked.).
tried both for android and crosswalk on a new phone and an older model.

What differences are there between the debug and build app to stop it from functioning?

I'm hesitant, but don't think the bug is in the code.

regards,

Rainer

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The main differences between the Debug tab's use of Crosswalk and your built app is the inclusion or exclusion of third-party plugins. In the Debug tab ALL the core plugins are part of your app. When you build, only those that you have selected on the Project tab and by including as third-party plugins are part of your build.

You can debug a built app, see this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview#RemoteChromeDevTools

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee
There are some Android devices in which the GPU hardware/software subsystem does not work properly. This is typically due to poor design or improper validation by the manufacturer of that Android device. Your problem Android device probably falls under this category. Note that each iteration of the Crosswalk system is based on more recent versions of the Chromium project. Each new version of the Chromium project has become more "aggressive" with regard to its use of the GPU subsystem on Android devices. Our experience has been that the Crosswalk 7 build is the least aggressive regarding the use of the GPU subsystem and generally runs on the widest array of Android devices. If you desire maximum compatibility, you should use the Crosswalk 7 build option.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The main differences between the Debug tab's use of Crosswalk and your built app is the inclusion or exclusion of third-party plugins. In the Debug tab ALL the core plugins are part of your app. When you build, only those that you have selected on the Project tab and by including as third-party plugins are part of your build.

You can debug a built app, see this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview#RemoteChromeDevTools

0 Kudos
Rainer_S_
Beginner

Hi,

This was very helpful, thank you.

0 Kudos
Leon_B_
Beginner

Some links on my app were noto working because I was using uppercased tags (on Windows Phone)

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

@Leon. Please start a different thread for your issue with more information. 

0 Kudos