Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build app success but RSS Reader

Mercedes_B_
Beginner

will not load data.  The rest of the app loads fine.  But my lists are blank where RSS feed data is suppose to be.

This tested on an Android device fine in debug mode and load mode.  But after downloading/installing the build on the same Android device the rss feeds do not load. I use the Web Service Rss Reader to create my service methods.   

It appears to not wait for a connection to download, my splash screen comes up quickly.  Is there function I'm missing?

I used the Build to drop my splash images but what else do I need to do to have my app load correctly like it does in App Preview?

Permissions on device from build:

Network Communications, Storage, Phone Calls, Hardware Controls, System Tools

Thank you for your help!!!

v 1621

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

I just quickly built an Android test app using a the RSS Reader web service and a couple App Designer widgets and it worked everywhere (Emulator, App Preview, as well as an Android build).

Do you have the <script src="xhr.js"></script>  included in your head?  (you should). 

You may need to debug it.

0 Kudos
Mercedes_B_
Beginner

Thanks Chris for responding.  Yes, the xhr.js script is included.

What I did is I went back and did a Cordova build and it worked this time.  The first Cordova build did not work, so I tried Android and Crosswalk builds which became a hit and miss.  So I hope I can continue to push out future updates to this Cordova build successfully.   

0 Kudos
Mercedes_B_
Beginner

I spoke to soon, now I get a black screen and the app fails to open with the Cordova build. I installed using the secured link, and now even when  uninstalling to reinstall this build it no longer opens. I get a pop-up "Unfortunately, AppName has stopped"

Please help, thank you.

0 Kudos
Mercedes_B_
Beginner

OK...I was holding the device in Landscape mode.  If you hold the device in Portrait mode the app will open after install.  Thereafter it will open in any orientation.  The build settings is Portrait but is there a setting to accept either mode after installing the app on the device to by pass this restriction that it will only open in Portrait?

Thank you for your direction.

0 Kudos