Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build error with new XDK 3088

stranger_man7
Beginner

I export my project via C2, using "WKWebVIew on iOS" and "Use new Intel CDK project format"

After setting up everything in XDK I get the following error when trying to build for iOS:

"Error: Please specify a supported Cordova version (5.1.1 or 5.4.1)."

This happens when 5.1.1 is selected and when 5.4.1 is selected

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Can you private message me the context of your project's .xdk file? This will help with identifying your issue.

0 Kudos
Bobby1
Beginner

Same problem here. With XDK 3088, via C2.

0 Kudos
Matthew_S_4
Beginner

Hello, I am having the same problem as well exporting from Construct 2 using Cordova for Intel XDK 3088.

I keep getting the same error "Error: Please specify a supported Cordova version (5.1.1 or 5.4.1)."

I've even tried downgrading to 5.1.1 but the error persists.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

0 Kudos
stranger_man7
Beginner

no solution but a workaround is to build the project as you did until now:

Don't use "Use new Intel CDK project format", instead uncheck it and import to XDK via "Start a new Project".

That is still working for me, don't know if you can use WKWebview then though.

0 Kudos
Matthew_S_4
Beginner

(name withheld) wrote:

no solution but a workaround is to build the project as you did until now:

Don't use "Use new Intel CDK project format", instead uncheck it and import to XDK via "Start a new Project".

That is still working for me, don't know if you can use WKWebview then though.

Thanks for the feedback - not a great workaround - I doubt WKWebview will work without the new format. I'll give it a shot though.

Do you use any of Cranberry's plugins? I am wondering if that might be causing issues?

0 Kudos
stranger_man7
Beginner

Yes I am using UnityAds and Flurry Plugins from Cranberry

0 Kudos
Matthew_S_4
Beginner

Doesn't seem to be the Plugins causing any issue - I tried removing the Cranberry ones but still had the same error.

0 Kudos
stranger_man7
Beginner

Another workaround: use phonegap together with this: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r224

0 Kudos
Matthew_S_4
Beginner

Haha yes that is what I am going to for this build do until this issue is sorted out. Thanks!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We're still working out some kinks in the new Construct2 export. It looks like this line is missing from the <project-name>.xdk file in the iOS and Windows sections of that file. For example, you should find something like this in a properly formatted:

"iOS": {
        "platform_": "ios",
        "runtime_": "Cordova 3.x",
        "name_": "iOS",
        "preferences_": {

The problem is this line is missing (from the iOS and the Windows sections in that file):

"iOS": {
        "platform_": "ios",
        "name_": "iOS",
        "preferences_": {

If you add that missing line into the <project-name>.xdk (when the XDK is closed) and then open the project it should fix the build problem.

0 Kudos
Matthew_S_4
Beginner

Thanks for the feedback and update!

0 Kudos