Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Build fail on version 2170

Claude_N_
Beginner

To be fair, I don't know if this is a 2170 issue, or something stupid I am doing.

Building Crosswalk for Android.

Get following message:

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.
Build Log:
  • The App ID is "com.gatewaysapps.pharaohsjewels"
  • The App Name is "Pharaohs Jewels"
  • Crosswalk Version: 12.41.296.4

The app runs in emulator, run on device using debug tab.

Project was created using prior version of XDK (2 versions back)

The 2170 upgraded the project to current version.

What should I be looking for?

Is there a sample anywhere of Project Build settings for Android-Crosswalk?

Regards,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Claude_N_
Beginner

As a test I used my html5 files in a new project.

For the new project the build worked fine. Can't tell which is arm and which is x86 in zip (started a different topic on that).

I would like it if I did not have to create new projects for each of my old apps that new rebuild.

Two obvious differences between the old project and the new is location of the index.html file. In new project I used a www subfolder as my root.

The other change is removal of extra images that were not needed.

Could this have made the difference?
Or, is there something else that goes glitchy when upgrading a project?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Moving your project to www may require that you change some references, but that would impact running your app, not building your app. So if the app is working in the Debug tab then moving your app to the www directory should not be a problem.

Sorry, but that "check your assets" message is pretty cryptic and frustrating, it doesn't provide much for information. Did you get a detailed build log, as well? (Usually that message does not include a detailed build log.)

The main things that should have changed when you upgraded your project:

• your <project-name>.xdk file got updated with some new information and with a new version tag
  • your CLI version got upgraded to 4.1.2 (double-check that on the Projects tab)
  • your plugin versions got upgraded (only if you answered "yes" to the updgrade)

With the change to CLI 4.1.2 there are some issues that can cause troubles, usually around app names, but those should not be impacting Crosswalk builds. Also, check to see which version of Crosswalk you are building against, it probably upgraded your Crosswalk build option to 11 (see the Project tab, Build Settings).

0 Kudos
Claude_N_
Beginner

I've been using Crosswalk 12. Is that bad? Do I limit the devices that can run my apps in a significant way?

I will try once or twice more to use an upgraded app. If I can't get that to work, then I will make new projects for each one. Some how the fresh start with import of html5 sets up the project to build properly.

What are the rules for app names?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Crosswalk 12 is fine, no problem there.

It will probably work better to create a "blank template" project and then copy your source files into that, the import thing is not very intelligent.

There have been issues with app names that have unusual characters, this is a Cordova build issue that we cannot do a lot about. We are trying to address this through other means, but the way to figure out if that is the source of the problem is to give your app a very simple name and see if that makes a difference in the build results. If it doesn't change anything that that is likely not the problem.

0 Kudos
Kwun_Yu_H_
Beginner

I got the same problem since I've update it to 2170 yesterday. Two months ago I've launched my app "Robots Warfare 2" on a previous version of XDK and yesterday on 2170 for an updated-app version that doesnt want to build anymore. I've tried several changes, like without "2" or Crosswalk Ver. 12, etc, all not solved. Same not much telling error message (see below). How to fix this? Anyway to change back to a previous version of XDK?

The build failed.

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

Build Log:
The App ID is "com.kwungames.robotswarfare2"
The App Name is "Robots Warfare 2"
Crosswalk Version: 10.39.235.15

0 Kudos
Claude_N_
Beginner

Hello Kwun,

I think it is easy to fix. All you need to do is make a new project. Here's how I did it.

1) Locate your dev parent directory and create new subfolder with name of new project

2) Copy the www folder from old project folder to new project folder

3) Open XDK and find "New Project" on the drop down projects list.

4) Select "Templates"

5) Select "Blank"

6) For me I would then choose "HTML5 + Cordova"

7) Find and select Parent directory.

8) Fill in project name with the name of the subfolder I just created in step 1

Follow the intuitive prompts to finish the blank project.

XDK automatically discovers your existing index.html and resources.

You will need to fill in the Project info for "Plugins" "Build Settings" and "Launch Icons...."

A little bit of a bother. But it works. I've updated 11 projects so far using this method. It's better than banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what isn't working about the auto update process.

0 Kudos
Kwun_Yu_H_
Beginner

Thnx Claude,

But I found out what is the real problem causing this, it's because of the plug-in. I've used to have "com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob", but now XDK don't accept that. On Cordova Plugin site (http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob) it said change to "com.cranberrygame.cordova.plugin.ad.admob" and XDK accepts it. But when building the app, the build is stopped.

Any idea how to solve this?

Many thnx!

UPDATE: P.S. I've solved the problem now. Thnx anyway, cheers!

0 Kudos
Claude_N_
Beginner

It's good to know you are back on production track. :)

0 Kudos