Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build fails with same source

Sascha_B_
Beginner

Hi,

Tuesday, everthing worked well. I only made changes to some css files, but till yeasterday evening, build isn't possible.

I testet it with the same sources as I had from the last build on Tuesday, it's getting now the same error:

[javac] Compiling 62 source files to .../storyspot/platforms/android/ant-build/classes

[javac] .../storyspot/platforms/android/src/nl/xservices/plugins/Toast.java:109: error: cannot find symbol

[javac]               toast.getView().setElevation(6);

[javac]                              ^

[javac]   symbol:   method setElevation(int)

[javac]   location: class View

[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

[javac] 1 error

What can I do?

Kind regards and thanks for your help,

Sascha

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

According to the github repo, cordova-plugin-x-toast was recently updated two weeks ago and again one day ago. It might be that you need to explicitly include an older version of that plugin to make sure the build works. Are you building with CLI 4.1.2 or CLI 5.1.1? If you are using 4.1.2, I suggest you switch to 5.1.1 and try that. If that doesn't work, use the plugin manager to explicitly include an older version of the plugin in your project, you can see the version numbers here > https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/Toast-PhoneGap-Plugin/releases

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

The error that you are receiving seems to be related to a Cordova plugin that you are using. What plugins are you using?

0 Kudos
Sascha_B_
Beginner
org.apache.cordova.geolocation File org.apache.cordova.file Device Orientation org.apache.cordova.device-orientation Network Information org.apache.cordova.network-information Device org.apache.cordova.device Media org.apache.cordova.media Vibration org.apache.cordova.vibration Notification org.apache.cordova.dialogs Splashscreen org.apache.cordova.splashscreen StatusBar org.apache.cordova.statusbar File Transfer org.apache.cordova.file-transfer Android Support v4 android.support.v4 RegisterUserNotificationSettings de.appplant.cordova.common.registerusernotificationsettings LocalNotification de.appplant.cordova.plugin.local-notification Facebook Connect com.phonegap.plugins.facebookconnect Android InAppBilling com.smartmobilesoftware.androidinappbilling Clipboard com.verso.cordova.clipboard Like i told, nothing was changed since then.
0 Kudos
Sascha_B_
Beginner

Some plugins are adding the plugin cordova-plugin-x-toast

With this, I get the error.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

According to the github repo, cordova-plugin-x-toast was recently updated two weeks ago and again one day ago. It might be that you need to explicitly include an older version of that plugin to make sure the build works. Are you building with CLI 4.1.2 or CLI 5.1.1? If you are using 4.1.2, I suggest you switch to 5.1.1 and try that. If that doesn't work, use the plugin manager to explicitly include an older version of the plugin in your project, you can see the version numbers here > https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/Toast-PhoneGap-Plugin/releases

0 Kudos
Sascha_B_
Beginner

Thanks for your answer, it worked.

But only if I manually download an older release(not the latest one), extract and add it.

If a add the git repo, I can change the version.

I changed the CLI to 5.1.1, there you have to add the plugin manually, to in order to get it working. 

I manually removed the plugins, and it works if you remove the com.phonegap.plugins.facebookconnect plugin.

So i think, there could be some errors.

0 Kudos