Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build not working

İhsan_T_1
Beginner

Hi, 

I am having several issues with XDK. 
 a ) Build is not working. In the projects tab I do my settings and go to the "build" tab.

When I press i.e. Build button in Crosswalk for Android at the Cordova hybrid mobile app platforms section:

1. A message pops saying "Connecting To Build Server...".
  2. XDK connects to server and message disappears.
  3. A dialog opens asking "Upload latest project assets".
  4. I upload them by clicking "Upload Project" button in the dialog.
  5. Dialog gets closed.
  6. A message with a progressbar shows "Uploading project...".
  7. Message gets closed when upload completes.
  8. Another message pops saying: "Loading Build Server UI..."
  9. Then it disappears.
  10. There is no build server user interface.
  11. The controls at build TAB are disabled except "Close Build Page" button.
  12. That is weird, since there is no Build PAGE around.
  13. So I can not build.

I think this problem is connected with my account at your servers.

b ) In Emulator tab all apple gadget emulators give this error:

404: Intel XDK can't find your app
Do you have index.html in your source directory?

Thanks in advance for your help and concern.

Have a nice day.

IVT.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

For a) Do you not see a green "Build App Now" button after your step 9?

b) How did you start your app - from blank template or samples or imported? Is your index.html in www folder? Send your project zip.

Are you able to test your app using App Preview?

Swati

0 Kudos
İhsan_T_1
Beginner

Hi Swati,

Hope everything is going well for you. Take your coffee and a biig breath, then keep reading my friend. 

a) No green buttons nothing at all. Here is what I see:

build.png

b) I started my app in XDK 1912 / Start a new project/Templates/Blank/HTML5+Cordova. 
My XDK installation is at D:\XDK, note that, this is my 2. installation of 1912, 1. installation was at the default path that installer had chosen. I uninstalled, wiped everything, reinstalled and re - CREATED the project just because the build and apple emulators did not work. 
My projects reside in D:\PRJ_XDK. index.html path is: D:\PRJ_XDK\CodeScript\www\index.html... I got rid of init-app.js and app.js, I directly run my code by hooking to "app.Ready" event coming from D:\PRJ_XDK\CodeScript\www\xdk\init-dev.js from my code :

if(window.cordova){
    if(window.dev){
	       document.addEventListener("app.Ready",   Sys.initialize, false);
    } else
       document.addEventListener("deviceready", Sys.initialize, false);
} else
    	window.onload = Sys.initialize;

In App preview with crosswalk 12 (and also 11) application works as a charm. When I test it from server or wifi, yes it works... but Webview in jellybean (534.30?)  does not "honor" the meta viewport tag which I inject via javascript after initialization, making  crosswalk the only path to go on android devices. Viewport sucks at android emulators of xdk also but I am sure that is not the fault of emulators. Since I use debug tab, it does not hurt much for android. But my secondary targets are apple devices with 1024*768 resolution multiples. And I do not have one yet. Even I do not have an apple dev. account yet. Which I will a.s.a.p., since I have added an apple mini to my little arsenal.

Development, involving banging my head to impasses which I did not create, is really frustrating.

I am going to send you the project zipfile via private message as soon as possible.

And...Thanks for listening all that jazz. :D
Have a nice day and nice weekend.

I.V.T.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi Ihsan,

I'm looking into your issue, I'll be working with build engineers to nail down the issue.

Issue a) looks completely weird. It looks like XDK is gone into some weird state. 

Few things you can try meanwhile :

1)Try to close XDK and restart.

2)Try to clear the XDK Cache. %localappdata%/XDK/Cache

Is this issue happening after you installed XDK in custom location or it happened before also?

Issue b) :

My projects reside in D:\PRJ_XDK. index.html path is: D:\PRJ_XDK\CodeScript\www\index.htm

The emulator tries to find index.html file one level down your project files (.xdk files) in www folder, so make sure your project is structured like :

myproject.xdk and myproject.xdke files in D:\PRJ_XDK\ directory

index.html in D:\PRJ_XDK\www\index.html

Swati

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ihsan,

I confirmed with the build engineer that your issue a) is due to the language settings. It is in our todo list, so for now please change your language settings to English to build your app.

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
İhsan_T_1
Beginner

Hello Swati,

Thank you for your reply.

About a)  Build problem persists wherever I install. As I told you in my last post, I reinstalled the XDK just because build and Apple emulators did not work.

I reinstalled it to D:\XDK because the default dir is "C:\Users\İhsan\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK" which contains my username starting with a non english character "İ"...

Now I got some vague idea what is going wrong. The numeric and date formats differ in Turkish and English. The decimal point in Turkey is actually a decimal comma :) which I guess is responsable of this chaos.

1) I destroyed my project. Only left a copy of www dir in a safe place.
2) I changed the input method and number date format of my windows 8.1 to english(US). 
3) 
Restarted the computer.
4) Uninstalled XDK.
5) Reinstalled XDK to D:\XDK.
6) Created project from blank template (HTML5+CORDOVA) with XDK.
7) Tested blank template with apple emulators. It failed again. Possibly XDK did not like install dir.
8)
 Replaced new project www dir with the old copy.
9) Did project settings.
10) Tried to build.
11) Still the same.

Even if it worked this way, I have other business to do on this machine, switching languages back and forth is not so practical.

About b)

I do not think that there is a mulformation in the directory structure since it is built by XDK. Please have a look at the project zip I've sent to you.

XDK formed my project like this:

D:\PRJ_XDK\myproject\          <dir>
             myproject.xdk
             myproject.xdke          

D:\PRJ_XDK\myproject\www\ <dir>
             index.html

But what you say is:

myproject.xdk and myproject.xdke files in D:\PRJ_XDK\ directory
           index.html in D:\PRJ_XDK\www\index.html

Meaning:

myproject.xdk
             myproject.xdke

D:\PRJ_XDK\www\                  <dir>
             index.html

I am confused . In the latter way you have said, XDK does not see the sources @ www dir, it did not work at all... So I reverted back.

Thanks. I hope an update will come soon.
Have a nice day.
İhsan.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ihsan,

For a) probably just setting date and input to English may not work. I understand that you may not be able to change the language setting fully because of your other work. But at this time we don't have any other workaround than changing the language settings. If you have a spare computer you can change the language setting and use it to build your app that will be great. We are working to solve the issue but I don't have any timeline for that.

b) This is the correct directory structure for the project. 

myproject.xdk
             myproject.xdke          

D:\PRJ_XDK\myproject\www\ <dir>
             index.html

There is a new version 1995 available. You may want to try that.

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
İhsan_T_1
Beginner

Hi Swati,

Aside other concerns, I can not change the language fully because I have a licenced oem win8.1 Turkish Single Language operating system.

FYI: I tried XDK 1995. It has nothing new for my problems. Also Apple emulation was working on v.18XX (the one before 1912)...

Have a nice day.

İhsan V. Tore 

0 Kudos