Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Building iOS Apps with Intel XDK

Jesús_R_1
Beginner

Hi, 
My name is Jesús. I´m trying to build an iOS Application in order to test it in my iPhone. But I have a problem, I only have a student developer account associated with my university, so I only have access to Development certificates...
Is it posible build an app with the Intel XDK environment having only development certificates?I ´m not going to upload the application to the App Store and I don´t need it. I only want to install the application in my device...

Thanks a lot,
Best Regards

Let me write the same message in Spanish which  is my native language...

Hola,

Mi nombre es Jesús. Estoy intentando construir una aplicación para poder probarla en mi propio iPhone. Pero tengo un problema, sólo tengo una cuenta de desarrollador de apple de estudiante asociada con  mi universidad, de manera que sólo tengo acceso a certificados de desarrollo. No necesito subir la aplicación a la App Store solo quiero instalarla en local en mi propio dispositivo.

Muchas gracias,

Saludos

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Our current build system only allows building with Production and Adhoc certificates. I'll check with engineering to see if it is possible to build with a dev cert, but I do not believe it can be done, today.

0 Kudos
Jesús_R_1
Beginner

Thank you very much for responding so quickly.

I need that information as soon as possible, but need not give me today. Let me ask you another question, also can not use the DEBUG tab without these certificates?

Regards

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

To make the Debug tab work with your iOS device you do need the Develop cert, you provide that to our system and it will "re-sign" App Preview with your debug certificate so it can be used with the Debug tab. However, you cannot add any third-party plugins to App Preview, so you can only debug Cordova APIs that are part of the "core" Cordova set.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

BTW, in a future release we are adding the ability to manage multiple certs (debug and develop), so the feature you are looking for will be added, but is not available with our current build system. Today, if you try to upload a dev cert the build system will refuse to use it.

0 Kudos