Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can I chnage the name of a Flex License Server?

bencairney
Beginner
Hi,

I have a an old server running Flex LM for Intel 7.1 C++ compiler. I am looking to move the Flex LM to a new server, I know that the license file is hostname and MAC address specific so would require a new license file.

Is it possible to get this done or is V7.1 too old?, I don't believe we have any support for the licenses past the 1yr that came with them when they were bought.

Not sure if there is a solution this other than buy some new licenses?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no knowledge of this area and have never done this before.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/change--serverhost-data-node-locked-or-floating-license/
should work, if you know the support account and password, or it was never registered. Otherwise, you ought to get an answer faster on the licensing support forum.
0 Kudos
bencairney
Beginner
Thanks for that. Haven't been able to track down the original serial number so probably time to look at upgrading to a newer version of the compiler.
0 Kudos
singkey2010
Beginner
Thanks for that. Haven't been able to track down the original serial number so probably time to look at upgrading to a newer version of the compiler.

---------------------------
Oakley oakley sunglasses cheap oakley sunglasses

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Yes, you can change the name of the FEXlm License Server. That has no impact on the license file.
Hubert.
0 Kudos