Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can I use student license in multiple computers?

Akalanka_S_
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Parallel Studio XE 2013 SP1 with a student license. I want to install the product in another computer. Is this possible?

When trying to load the installer on the second computer, it gives the error "Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number".

I would appreciate if someone can kindly help me on this regard.

Thank you..

Silva

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Silva,

You have a student systemlocked license which can be used for installing IPS XE windows*. Due to it is system locked license, currently this license be registered only with one machine. To enable use this license for more machines, you have to login into IRC, modify your license to add hostID you planed to use, then download the license file, and use the file to install. Thanks.

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

According to our End User License Agreement [EULA] a student license is a named-user license and can be installed on up to 3 systems for your personal use. See: https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing#named-vs-single-user-license

However, your student license is for a 2017 product and you are attempting to install a 2013 product. You can do that BUT not with a serial number. You will need a license file to install an older product with a serial number of 2016 or newer. The type of license you have locks a license file to a machine. As such, you cannot use the license file from one system to install the product on another system. You cannot use the serial number to install an older product with a new serial number. You will have to generate a license file for the second system and use it to install the product. See:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing#offline-ipsxe-iss-license

Does this answer your question?

Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Akalanka_S_
Beginner

Dear Fiona and Noga,

Thank you much for useful advises. I followed the suggested procedure and installed the product on my second machine.

Kind regards,

Silva.

0 Kudos