Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can't access Intel Premier Support site for a licensing problem: "Not Authorized to Access"

Johnson__Jeffrey
Beginner

Hello,

I've just renewed my FORTRAN and C++ Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition support for another year for Mac OSX (have 15 days left on my current support). I can get to my Products page and downloaded the 2015 Initial Release packages. The C++ package installed without problems (recognized my existing license), but when I attempt to install the FORTRAN package,  I get the prompt for my serial. I enter it, then I get a dialog that says "Installation cannot proceed. You do not have enough licenses to install all the components of this package".

So, I attempt to log into the Intel Premiere Support page to log an issue.. It takes my userid/password, then redirects me to a page that simply says

Not Authorized to Access

You do not currently have access to the requested site.

Going through the "FAQ" pages just goes around and around. Apparently I have some setting that is not allowing me to get fully logged into Intel Premiere Support. Is there an alternative?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Jeff,

I'm in charge with fixing your Intel® Premier Support account issues. This will take some hours.

For installing the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ OS X* and Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran OS X* you need different serial numbers since for OS X we don't have a Fortran/C++ bundled product. There are separate C++ and Fortran installers and separate serial numbers and license files. Did you use your Fortran serial number for activation? If this didn't work, please use your Fortran license file for product activation/installation. How to obtain license file: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/resend-license-file

I'll let you know once your Premier Support account is valid.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Johnson__Jeffrey
Beginner

Hi Hubert,

Yes, I used my Fortran (not C++) serial number in my previous attempts. When I successfully installed the C++ package it found my "existing activation" and I didn't have to enter its serial.

I received several "registration completed" emails overnight and I can now access Intel Premiere Support.

I followed the instructions to get a (new) FORTRAN license file and deposited it in the specified location, and I was then able to install the 2015 package successfully- thanks. I don't know why using the serial number method failed (I have held a license for many years, maybe there is something too old embedded in one of the previous .lic files). I'm up and running now.

Thanks, Jeff

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Jeff,

Yes, your Intel® Premier Support account is now valid. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Something must be wrong with the Fortran license. I'll check. May be you need an update from your version 2011 license.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Jeff,

Have you tried out 2015 Update 1 already? If yes, did both installers (C++ and Fortran) accept the existing license now?

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Johnson__Jeffrey
Beginner

Hubert,

I have finally had time to install the 2015 Update 1 packages. The FORTRAN package found my existing activation and updated without issue, but this time the C++ package didn't find my "existing activation" so I requested a new license file. Once the C++ license file was moved to the proper place ( /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/intel/Licenses/ ) it also installed successfully. Now testing the products...

Thanks, Jeff

0 Kudos
John_A_2
Beginner

I can't get the registration page to display so I can register my intel parallel studio xe fortran for windows. Can u help out? I'm going to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Register.aspx

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Please let me know the serial number you wanted to register as well as your email address. PLEASE answer via "Send Author A Message" to protect conficential data.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos