17061 Discussions

Can't install HAXM

Caity_D_
Beginner

Hi

I'm currently trying to install HAXM to use the AVD emulator in Eclipse

I've tried:

• Enabling the VT in the BIOS, restarting and trying again
  • Installing the newest version of HAXM from the Intel site.
  • Disabling Hyper-V

I've rebooted multiple times and checked the BIOS where VT is enabled

I also couldn't find Hyper-V in my Windows Features so it isn't installed

I'm trying this on a Windows 8.1 64-bit HP Envy Laptop

Intel i7 Processer, 8GB ram

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Valentino_R_
Beginner

Looks like this is still an issue in June 2015. I get the "This computer meets the requirements for HAXM... but (VT-x ) is not turned on..." message.

Desktop PC, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, I7-3770 CPU (not 'K'), Gigabyte Z77x-UD3H motherboard (VT-x and XD are enabled in BIOS).

Various CPU id tools show VT-x and XD are enabled.

Tried every tip I've found including disabling Hyper-V, enabling DEP for all programs and drives, turning off Avast and firewall... Using 1.1.1 HAXM. Nothing works. What's the solution.

EDIT: Found a solution! (for me) I found a post somewhere with this tip (amongst the others mentioned above):

If you're running Avanst:-

Step 3: In Avast->Settings->Troubleshooting. Uncheck "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization"

0 Kudos
Sergio_J__C_
Beginner

Maybe need update the firmware of your BIOS

0 Kudos
David_M_12
Beginner

Hii, 

unfortunately i don't know the answer since i'm in this trap also.. for 3 days, searching on youtube, stockoverflow, intel and i'm pissed... i have an i5 with 8gb and it's the same thing.. disabling, enabling... BIOS... Vt-x... HAXM there.. HAXM here... it's ironically funny because i was expecting to find an error while coding on ANDROID STUDIO and not on the running of the program itself.. however, we should remain calm since Intel does an awesome job in my opinion. 

0 Kudos
Ionel_M_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

Could you please provide more info about your system and error? Which version of HAXM did you installed on your system?

0 Kudos