Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Cannot Apply for Free Intel® Software Development Tools

Wentai_Z_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm a student from Peking University, China.

When I submitted my application form at the Student Program page, it told me "We cannot offer you our software development tools at this time because the email address you shared does not correspond to a degree-granting academic institution."

I'm using my @pku.edu.cn e-mail address, and I'm pretty sure Peking University is a "degree-granting academic institution".

Could someone help me out?

Best wishes,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Wentai

I have received your query.

When you try apply for the Student program, and not get approved, will you see below message to add your academic institution to the approved list?

"Your email domain is not currently included in our list of approved academic institutions for this program. Click here to add your institution. Clicking on the link will initiate an email request to add your academic institution to the approved list."

If so, please try follow the link to initiate an email request.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Wentai_Z_
Beginner

Yolanda Chen (Intel) wrote:

Hi, Wentai

I have received your query.

When you try apply for the Student program, and not get approved, will you see below message to add your academic institution to the approved list?

"Your email domain is not currently included in our list of approved academic institutions for this program. Click here to add your institution. Clicking on the link will initiate an email request to add your academic institution to the approved list."

If so, please try follow the link to initiate an email request.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Actually no.

I only saw this message:

"Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Software Development Tools.
We cannot offer you our software development tools at this time because the email address you shared does not correspond to a degree-granting academic institution. If you are with such an institution, please resubmit your request with your academic institution issued email address."

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Wentai

Thanks for your update.

I am escalating this issue and will let you know for an update soon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Wentai

I verified that @pku.edu.cn should be already in our approved institution list.

Could you check whether you are applying through the right website at below link?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Wentai_Z_
Beginner

Yolanda Chen (Intel) wrote:

Hi, Wentai

I verified that @pku.edu.cn should be already in our approved institution list.

Could you check whether you are applying through the right website at below link?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

Thanks.

I checked the link, and the same error message occurred again.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

This issue has been resolved. The @pku.edu.cn is in our approved institution list.

If you have a similar issue, do not add it to this thread but start a new one.

Thanks

Yolanda

0 Kudos