Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot activate Fortran download

WSinc
New Contributor I

Hello -

I recently lost one of my PCs due to a disk failure, and I got the new one going, web access and everything.

However, when I download your newest Fortran 2017, and installed all 62 components, I don't see any way to start the Visual studio and compile anything. I looked under Intel and Microsoft, nothing there, just the other topics, such as Help, but no way to actually use the product. I used the current license which is good until Jan. 2017.

There were 5 items under Intel, but nothing was added to my Desktop, so there appears to be no entry point installed.

So how I actually use the product ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
WSinc
New Contributor I

Also wondering if it wouldn't be easier to to copy an existing Fortran off of my other PC, or take it off of the backup drive.

At least that way I will have what was working previously.

0 Kudos
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Dear customer,

If you are using IPS/ISS, all header files and libs for MKL, IPP, MPI, Compiler... will be saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_compilers_2017.1.132 by default. It normally will not create any shotcut on your desktop, cause they are not exe files, they are lib files(dll).

The IPS/ISS can be integrated on the VS (if you have already install VS), that means when you start your VS, you could choose to use Intel compiler, Intel MKL, Intel IPP... by using those library file if you installed IPS/ISS successfully. For instance, if you are using MKL, you could create a project in VS firstly, in the "Properties" window of this project, select "Use Intel MKL" in the option "Intel performance libraries". Here's a link for Using MKL in VS. Or you could run VS command prompt window (compiler 17.0 update1 for Intel64/ia-32 visual studio 201*)  to build and run program used Intel product that means you would not rely on GUI IDE. 

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I lost everything when the computer went south.

so, can you PLEASE download (e-mail) my current license, and a link to the VS and fortran from 2016?

I had the latest build from XE 2016, but I now have a 64-bit CPU. My new computer only came with the 64 bit Intel, and Windows 10.

so, can I install XE2016 with that configuration?

0 Kudos
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Dear customer,

Could you please send me a message(private, not show to other external users) with your new machine mac address. I will change your host information with your license.

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Now I am confused -

I thought my MAC address has to do with my internet access.

R U saying it has to do with my CPU ?

The problem is: I have TWO intel computers, but both are on the same network.

One of them (the new one) has a 64-bit CPU, the other only supports 32-bit software. So can I use the SAME license for both computers ? I will send you my current license privately.

Can you tell me when it expires? I paid for it in Jan. 2016, so it should be good for the next 6 weeks or so.ww

0 Kudos
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Dear customer,

Well, seems your license's ok. If you could install IPS successfully, it should be fine with your license. If you could not use fortran compiler with VS, it might because the integration of IPS to VS failed, or compiler's issue. I will transfer your issue to fortran forum.

regards,
Fiona 

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Now I am confused - What is IPS ? This is the first time I've hard about this.

I am familiar with Visual Stuidio, the compilers, and the SDK.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Billsincl,

IPS in this context refers to Intel Parallel Studio. The compiler is part of this.

Some of your comments suggest to me that you have not installed Visual Studio, just Parallel Studio. Is this the case? For clarification, Visual Studio is not part of Parallel Studio, and will not be installed with it, as it is not an Intel product. Visual Studio belongs to Microsoft; Intel products simply integrate into it. Once you have installed Visual Studio, installing Parallel Studio should integrate the compiler and other components with VS.

- Alex

0 Kudos