Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Cannot add cordova plugins - plugin not found error

Marcelo_M_1
Beginner

Hello everyone,

After the last update, everytime I try to add a plugin to my game (in my case, cranberrygame's admob plugin), it doesn't matter if from featured plugins or from custom plugin window, it always gives me a plugin not found error - even when I try via git url.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a fix/workaround/anything I may me skipping?

Thanks in advance

Marcelo

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Marcelo, are you still experiencing this issue? I assume you are using the latest version of the XDK (2548) and the new plugin manager. If that is not the case, please update your copy of the XDK and use the plugin manager to add/remove plugins to your project.

0 Kudos
Marcelo_M_1
Beginner

Hi, Paul

Still having this issue (both from the featured plugins & trying to add from git) - is there any way of checking if not proxy related? Is it possible to configure a proxy server for it?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

What platform are you building for? I just built a crosswalk app without issue. I included the ad mob plugin via the plugin manager interface, picked the plugin, and built. In the log I see this:

• Plugin "com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob" (1.0.39) installed.

And the build succeeded. Do you have other plugins that could be conflicting?
Can you attach your build log as an attachment?

0 Kudos
Marcelo_M_1
Beginner

Hi John,

I'm getting the error in the image attached.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Instead of adding it using the 3rd party, try adding it from the Featured list.

0 Kudos
Marcelo_M_1
Beginner

It happens with featured list too

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you behind a firewall/proxy that could be blocking the XDK from connecting to the internet?

What build of the XDK do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Marcelo_M_1
Beginner

Well, it's way more probable a proxy problem: is there any way of configuring it? 

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The XDK doesnt have any settings you can change to alter the proxy setup. It is designed to work with whatever your machine has setup.

Can you test it on a different network (phone hotspot)?

0 Kudos