Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot repair license

ByoungSeon_J_
Beginner

Hi,

We have some issues on license update.

One of colleagues installed evaluation version of intel parallel studio 2016 on windows 7 laptop. As we have 7 floating licenses, we tried to convert his license as license server, but "intel software manager" keeps making warning that evaluation expired. We tried complete removal/re-installation but same message comes.

1) in cmd window, ifort.exe works (!)

2) echo %INTEL_LICENSE_FILES% indicates the correct path of license file location

3) Just intel software manager shows evaluation expired, and we cannot update this computer (parallel studio on other windows laptop works fine).

Any comment or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Byoung

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Varsha_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Byoung,

Does the machine have internet connection. Intel Software Manager requires internet to update.

Thanks,
Varsha

0 Kudos
ByoungSeon_J_
Beginner

Hi Varsha,

Yes, the computer is connected with internet. Does ISM need update? I don't see menu or option in the interface. Any comments would be appreciated.

We tried parallel studio 2015, and it works ! - see the enclosed picture. It is very odd that license server is recognized for 2015 while 2016 is not.

Regards,

Byoung

0 Kudos
Varsha_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Byoung,

I did not understand the part "we tried to convert his license as license server"? Evaluation license cannot have floating configuration. 
Could you please explain?

Thanks,
Varsha

0 Kudos
ByoungSeon_J_
Beginner

Hi Varsha,

The owner of the windows laptop installed the "evaluation" version while we have the license. Later, he uninstalled the "evaluation" version, and installed new parallel studio with the available license, using floating configuration (like what I did on my laptop). But still ISM shows "evaluation expired" (yes, the evaluation version doesn't exist in the laptop anymore), and we couldn't fix it. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Byoung

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

-Refer to "Setup Clients" part of this article:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-license-manager-getting-started-tutorial

-Remove (or rename) all old or unused .lic files in the license directory.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This thread is now closed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread.

0 Kudos