Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot reuse side bar on different pages

ben4
Beginner

Hello,

I am using the framework boostrap 3 with Intel SDK. I have created  a sidebar which I can use on page1, but when I try to set the same side bar to be triggered from another page it fails, no side bar showing.

I have 2 different buttons on 2 different pages and require the side bar to be triggered on click, it works on button1 of page 1 but not on button2 of page 2.

Any idea why please?

Please see the picture:

http://screencast.com/t/CujMO8hWgy

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

To use only one sidebar you should use sub pages instead of pages. Buttons in every subpage will trigger sidebar actions.

Take in account that subpages will share the header and footer of the root page.

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
ben4
Beginner

Hi Diego,

Thank you. Yes this was my problem as I wanted to have a different background image from page 1 to page 2, this is why I created 2 pages.

Is there another way around with the designer to have 1 backround for the main page and 1 background for sub pages?

Thank you,

Ben

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Ben,

What I did in one app is have a sidebar in each page. You will have to draw several sidebars but all the buttons on them can call the same click event. In my case was an app with 5 pages, it wasn't to much problem and it is working fine.

I use Framework 7 for this project and didn't find a way to manipulate only one sidebar from all pages.

Regards, 

Diego

0 Kudos
ben4
Beginner

I see, thanks Diego.

I am trying to find a way to copy / paste the side bar in multiple page without success, it looks like I will have to create everything manually each time..:-( Strange they did not think about this, it is such good script.

0 Kudos