Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot upgrade to Intel Parallel Studio 2011

Josef_Bauer
Beginner
I tried upgrading my Parallel Studio Version to 2011. When I click below the serialnumber onto the upgrade link, i get a blank webpage with the following text. But there's no product to choose. Any advice?

"Your license for this product is outdated and may not enable all of the features of this product. We recommend that you upgrade to a newer version. Please choose one of these products and you will be registered automatically for your new product."
0 Kudos
8 Replies
vrennert
Beginner
It took me quite some time to find it as well. Have you looked at the single products page already.
When i clicked on Inspector for example i had the upgrade button at the bottom where the serial is.

Regards
0 Kudos
Josef_Bauer
Beginner
i can see all the upgrade buttons below the serials but when i click on them, i am redirected to a nearly empty page. without getting the upgrade. looks like intel is not sure if i am eligible for a free update.
0 Kudos
Milind_Kulkarni__Int
New Contributor II
"i can see all the upgrade buttons below the serials but when i click on them, i am redirected to a nearly empty page. without getting the upgrade. looks like intel is not sure if i am eligible for a free update. "

The above message is okay, and will come for every user eligible to receive free upgrade. Whats quizzing is the "empty page".

The Upgrade product will come just below thatmessage, which will download when you click it.

I fear that your browser might have some problem with not allowing some text to display. It could be temporary problem that happens often , may be problem with Javascript or something.. Try refresh or playing with settings to see if thats the case..

You try with different browser, etc, or in different machine, just to check if this is the case with browser.

0 Kudos
Josef_Bauer
Beginner
i've tried different browsers (chrome, firefox, internet explorer) already. i've tried with a different machine, too.
i'll try to post the screenshot here, as i have no idea who else could help me with that.

removed picture because its not necessary anymore
0 Kudos
Milind_Kulkarni__Int
New Contributor II
can help to experiment with browser & windows color & appearance settings, as in this link:--

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/internet-explorer-forum/243851-invisible-text-ie-7-a.html

If you drag your mouse just (very just) below the text message in the screenshot, do you see some hidden text. (for Upgrade link).

Did this happen before with your browsers, and is this happening with other web-sites.

Just thought to give this seemingly possible issue a try.
Lastly, I obviously believe you have earlier Parallel Studio Beta downloaded and installed in your machine, so that it can be upgraded.
0 Kudos
Paul_F_Intel1
Employee

This issue has been resolved in the Intel Registration Center. Please follow the original instructions in the emailnotification you received- no additional steps necessary. Let us know if you have any problems.

Regards,

Paul
Intel Registration Center Team

0 Kudos
Josef_Bauer
Beginner
Thank you, Paul. It works fine for me now!
0 Kudos
Alexander_Panayotov
Hi,
I seem to be having the same problem with no upgrade link. I tried using FF, IE and Chrome. Could you please advise ?

Thanks,
Kalin.
0 Kudos