Today i cant launch my Intel XDK.

Attach log file.

Try to reinstall - nothing =(

Help me pls.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vasiliy_B_1
Beginner

Ok, i doesnt know why, but XDK cant work with installed BlueStacks.

I remove both programms, and install just XDK.

Now all fine

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What is "BlueStacks"?

0 Kudos
Eric_B_3
Beginner

I'm also having an issue launching the XDK. Here is the error: Tried all the steps and still having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1_0.jpg

0 Kudos
Eric_B_3
Beginner

BlueStacks is an Android emulator for PC

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Eric -- you probably have a local firewall or similar tool that is preventing access to localhost. Either that, or your IT guys have added something like that to capture such actions in order to sniff out phishing and/or virus attempts. Try running it on another network or another machine that is not associated with work.

0 Kudos
Eric_B_3
Beginner

Thanks Paul...I tried connecting to a different network and turning off my windows firewall, still the same error. Do you have any other suggestions please?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Eric -- if you are on a work network I recommend you talk to your IT guys to find out of there is something else that could be causing this issue. It could also be something about the way your system is setup or configured by IT. If you are using a standard OS install on a personal machine and have not added or configured any unusual network or anti-virus software, and this is not working, then I do not know what might be causing it. The error message is pretty explicit and is the source of the problem (an inability to access the localhost server that the XDK configures in order to support things like the Simulate tab).

I recommend you try installing and running on a different machine, that is a "default" install of whatever OS you are using, in order to determine if it is the machine causing the problem or the network causing the problem.

0 Kudos