Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
17065 Discussions

Centos 7.3 - do I really need OFED from openfabric.org ?

lejeczek
Beginner

hi everyone

One quick question - do I really really need OFED from openfabrics.org and all the packages from centos/rhel + epel repos will NOT do?

Reason I'm asking is - compilation/installation of OFED 3.18.x which MPSS manuals says to use fails. Compiler fails somewhere in rdma-compat I think.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rob_J_
Beginner

In the MPSS Users Guide there are four distributions mentioned. See section 3.7.1

lejeczek
Beginner

And both 3.18 and newer which is not metioned 4.8.1 fail to build on my vanilla Centos:

$ perl install.pl --with-xeon-phi --basic

Running rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'PSM_HAVE_SCIF 1' --define '_topdir /var/tmp//OFED_topdir' --nodeps --define '_dist .unsupported' --define 'configure_options   --with-core-mod --with-user_mad-mod --with-user_access-mod --with-addr_trans-mod --with-mlx4-mod --with-mlx4_en-mod --with-mlx5-mod --with-cxgb3-mod --with-cxgb4-mod --with-nes-mod --with-qib-mod --with-ipoib-mod --with-qed-mod --with-firmware-mod --with-qede-mod --with-qedr-mod --with-bnxt_en-mod --with-bnxt_re-mod' --define 'KVERSION 3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64' --define 'K_SRC /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64/source' --define 'K_SRC_OBJ /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64/build' --define '_release 1.1.gd5db855.3.10.0_693.21.1.el7.x86_64' --define 'network_dir /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts' --define '_prefix /usr' --define '__arch_install_post %{nil}' /root/rpmbuild/tars/OFED-4.8-1/SRPMS/compat-rdma-4.8-1.1.gd5db855.src.rpm
Failed to build compat-rdma RPM
See /tmp/OFED.16178.logs/compat-rdma.rpmbuild.log

I see that many of those rpm packeges OFED from openfabrics.org is trying to install are already there in default/epel repos so I am hoping maybe rather those than adding extra weight, if it can work?

With OFED installation problem - where to look for help, here or seek some at openfabric.org?

Rob_J_
Beginner

Like I said, there are three other distros available: TSR 7.4.2, OFED 3.12-1 and Mellanox OFED 2.4

The build line you used also varies from the instructions. There's no --basic appended.

Rocha__João
Beginner

Dear all,

I'm trying to run an offload .c code but i'm having trouble getting some libs in the right place, although i've put (so i suppose) the correct path's on my bashrc. I get this line when running the executable:

error while loading shared libraries: liboffload.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Location for the lib:

/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/compiler/lib/intel64/liboffload.so.5
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/compiler/lib/mic/liboffload.so.5

which i've exported in bashrc as:

export SINK_LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/compiler/lib/intel64:$SINK_LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export SINK_LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/compiler/lib/mic:$SINK_LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

I've tried to -rpath and -rpath-link but still doesn't work. Is my line wrongly written?
(e.g.): icc -fopenmp -rpath=/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/compiler/lib/intel64 flops3_offload.c -o flops3_offload

Can someone give a clue on this?
Thanks a lot,

João Rocha

Rob_J_
Beginner

Don't know the answer to that. You probably should start a new thread since it's not related to OFED.