Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Certificate error uploading APK to Google Play

Mark_B_3
Beginner

Hi,

I have a problem uploading my latest Crosswalk build to Google Play. I get an error message:

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate.

I just read this thread (https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/558913) and have a similar problem to Victor.

• I have always let the XDK sign my Android Crosswalk build (checked the Signed box) so I am not in control of certificates
  • Google Play won't let me upload my latest build. Error message: "You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. "
  • Like Victor, sometime recently there was a change in my account and the system started to deny me access. I too followed the "Forgot your User Id" instructions, so I could log in again.  After doing that I noticed my iOS certificate was not associated with my account and had to upload it again.
  • I assume my original Android certificate also needs to be re-associated with my account.  

How can I fix this so the correct certificate is used with the build?

Mark.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mark_B_3
Beginner

Hello... can anyone from Intel help me on this please? 

From reading similar threads it looks like I need someone on the Intel side to look into the incorrect certificate?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Sending you an email.

0 Kudos
Medtouch_L_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having the same problem of Mark B. and Victor. Are there someone from Intel that can help me, too?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Your account only has 1 android certificate, so unless you have another account that you have used in the past. Is it possible you submitted the apk to the playstore under a different account?

0 Kudos