Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Channel not fired onCordovaReady

Claude_N_
Beginner

I'm using the emulation tab to see how my app looks in various screen formats.

I noticed that in some of the device options cordova fails to fire. It doesn't make sense to me that the cordova would fail to load in some of the devices. I don't have any conditional that I know of that would make a distinction between these devices.

And I do have other apps built with pretty much the same code that works equally well in all the emulated devices.

Is there something you could suggest I look into that might yield a clue about what is happening?

Perhaps I can safely ignore this issue as something that only happens in emulation and hope for the real devices to operate.

• Fails: Lenevo Ideapad
  • Fails: Microsoft Surface Pro
  • Fails: Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook

• Works: Apple iPad
  • Works: Apple iPhone 4
  • Works: Apple iPhone 6
  • Works: Apple iPhone 6 Plus
  • Works: Google Nexus 4
  • Works: Google Nexus 7
  • Works: HTC Droid
  • Works: Lenevo K900Works: Motorola Droid 2
  • Works: Motorola RAZR
  • Works: Nokia Lumia
  • Works: Nook Color
  • Works: Samsung Galaxy S
  • Works: Samsung Galaxy 2
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I created an app and tested, it is working for all of the device emulator. can you zip up your project and send me?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Note that the Emulate tab is not providing you with the behavior of those devices, it is mostly just a convenient viewport and some userAgent spoofing, along with some simulation of some common Cordova APIs, nothing more. Please see this page for more details: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-dev-emulator-limitations

Regardless, the Cordova deviceready event should trigger. If that is not happening it is likely a bug in the Emulate tab. Which version of the XDK are you using?

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I tried your app with all the mentioned device it is emulating. I tried it on device as well it is working for me there also. As it is being asked can you tell us  Which XDK version are you using?

• Lenevo Ideapad
  • Microsoft Surface Pro
  • Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook

Working for all of them

Thanks

0 Kudos
Claude_N_
Beginner

I'm using version 2170

FYI, I decided to try clearing the XDK cache C:\Users\mynamehere\AppData\Local\XDK\Cache

That had no effect on whether or not the deviceready fired. I still get a fail on the three mentioned and success on all others.

It would be better if my system was behaving the same as your test systems. But, this is not a major issue. If you have other suggestions I'd be happy to run a test to run it down. Meanwhile, I'm happy to ignore the emulator idiosyncrasy,

Console was cleared /C:/appdev/XDK/xdk/components/client/emulator/index.js:17
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://127.0.0.1:58889/http-services/ui-builder/web/unit_tests/utils/test_styleparsing.css
deviceready has not fired after 5 seconds. cordova.js:1189
Channel not fired: onCordovaReady cordova.js:1182
Channel not fired: onCordovaInfoReady

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

There has been another forum post with the same failed to load resource issue. I have escalated to the engineering team. Will post back as soon as I hear something. 

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

It looks like this message is not an actual problem. An inclusion used for testing was left in the Designer.  But its presence or absence doesn't affect anything. You can ignore it. We'll make sure it is not present in the next release.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I tried again and it is still working for me. I tried to test device ready function too by putting an alert message. I would recommend to try this.

One suggestion is to delete your global-settings.xdk file. Apparently there is an issue where an empty or corrupted global-settings.xdk file will cause the behavior you are seeing. You'll find it in the same place you found the xdk.log file.

Re-.emulate after this.

0 Kudos
Claude_N_
Beginner

I closed XDK

Moved global-settings.xdk file

Started XDK

Found all projects gone (yikes)

Used the "Open XDK Project" which seems to only show when you have a totally empty project list.

Did the emulate for the project and found the same result.

Works for all devices other than the 3 in question.

Just so you know the results of the test.

Thanks,

by the way, I have rolled the dice and uploaded my project APK to Play Store. Figure I'll take my chances with the three devices. Not a big chance since reports are that it works fine on actual device. So all is well.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Claude,

The global-settings.xdk file contains all your XDK projects information. So blowing that will result in all projects in your XDK disappearing unfortunately. A backup is recommended the next time :) If you click on 'New Project' you should be able to see 'Open an Intel XDK project' on the bottom left panel. You can also find it on the projects tab (below the list of your apps in XDK). It should be there regardless on the number of apps on your project list. 

0 Kudos