Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Commercial use of MKL - which licence?

DCL
Beginner

Hello

I am trying to understand which licence terms would apply to potential commercial use of the Intel® Math Kernel Library. We are considering using MKL as part of our in-house analytical platform. We would not distribute MKL to our clients, but would charge our clients for reports/conclusions that we generate through the conduct our in-house analyses, which use MKL and lots of other stuff. I am assuming that this would not meet the "non-commercial" definition in the MKL EULA.

I have registered for Community Licensing for Intel® Performance Libraries, and have since downloaded MKL. The EULA in the downloaded version refers, in section 3G, to a number of different licence models applicable to MKL (it appears to be the 'vanilla' EULA). It is not apparent which one actually applies to our proposed use.

Advice on the appropriate licensing option would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

DCL

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Light_Intel

The Community Libraries License states: The free Intel® Performance Libraries are provided with a Named-User License per Intel’s standard end user licensing agreement .

As such you the usage is the same as a Name-user license under the EULA. Thus your usage of it should be supported under the EULA.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Noga

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Light_Intel

Thank you for contacting Intel Support.

I am looking into it and will update you in a timely manner.

Regards,
Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

The Community Libraries License states: The free Intel® Performance Libraries are provided with a Named-User License per Intel’s standard end user licensing agreement .

As such you the usage is the same as a Name-user license under the EULA. Thus your usage of it should be supported under the EULA.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Noga

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue had been resolved.

0 Kudos