Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Compiling LTTng for the Xeon Phi

Didier_N_
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently in trying to compile LTTng for the Xeon Phi for the first time, I started by trying to compile Userspace-RCU which should support the Xeon Phi, as x86_64-linux-k1om is recognized. I am using GCC provided in the MPSS release, as I do not need vectorisation for it. I am using a CentOs 6.6 computer with mpss 3.4.2 installed on it. Intel Parallel studio 2015 is also installed.

I am currently trying :

CC=/opt/mpss/3.4.2/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/usr/bin/k1om-mpss-linux/k1om-mpss-linux-gcc ./configure --host=x86_64-k1om-linux

make

The configure seems to work. However, I get the following error :

Entering directory `/home/dnadeau/lttng/userspace-rcu/doc/examples/hlist'
/opt/mpss/3.4.2/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/usr/bin/k1om-mpss-linux/k1om-mpss-linux-gcc -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -Wall  -g -O2 -pthread -L../../../.libs/ -Wl,-rpath "/home/dnadeau/lttng/userspace-rcu/doc/examples/../../.libs/" \
        -o cds_hlist_add_head_rcu cds_hlist_add_head_rcu.o -lurcu
../../../.libs//liburcu.so: undefined reference to `rpl_malloc'

Are there specific library path that I must define for the compiler to find rpl_malloc for the Xeon Phi ? Or is the error somewhere else ?

Thank you for your time,

Didier Nadeau

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

You will want to source the file /opt/mpss/environment-setup-k1om-mpss-linux, if you haven't already. Hopefully that will get you to the right malloc, rather than the configure script defaulting to rpl_malloc. In desparation, you could also download the mpss--k1om.tar file and install the gcc compile environment on the coprocessor itself so that you can compile natively. But to start with, try sourcing the environment file.

0 Kudos