Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Construct 2

Almost_D_
Beginner

Hi there dear developers,

in the last few weeks I have had some issues with the Intel XDK editor after I export games using Construct 2, that's why I have come here ask for help, or any advice which would be useful.

The build is the: 3400 

Ok, the first problems is that, when I export games from Construct 2 using the Cordova export option ( without exporting as aIntel XDK project file), I can import the project to Intel XDK but i cannot emulate or start it, here is a screenshot:
It is only a black screen and nothing is happening.

Intel xdk error 1_0.png

That is one problem, and the second problem is that, when I export a "game" from Construct 2 using Cordova ( with the export as a Intel XDK project file turned on), I  get an error that didn't come before, I get the following:
Intel xdk error 2_0.png

And in the same project, when I go to the Plugin Management I get a few Plugins that just came with the Exported file:

Intel xdk error 3_0.png

Those are all the issues that I get, so if anyone can help me resolve them I would be very grateful,because I'm coming dangerously close to my deadline -.-

And one more question, can anyone upload a .capx for Construct 2 with the AdMob Plugin working,that one has been a pain in my back for a long time.

Best Regards,

Almost Digital

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

-- use the export to XDK option

-- the message you are seeing from the Emulate tab is correct, it is simply telling you that you are making a call to a plugin that it does not recognize, the Emulate tab only knows about the "core" Cordova plugins, beyond that it gives you a popup whenever your code calls a plugin that it does not know about

-- rather than using the Emulate tab, use the Debug tab (with an Android device), then you will be able to debug with all the plugins that are part of your project, rather than just the core plugins that the Emulate uses

0 Kudos
Almost_D_
Beginner

Thank You Paul for taking your time to give a fast answer.

I followed your advice and I got it working on the Debuger on the phone, THANK YOUUU :D 

But now I get the following error with admob, do you have advice with that part ? 

Intel xdk error 4_0.png

If you could give me any Guidelines to go to the next step.

Best Regards,

Almost Digital

0 Kudos
Almost_D_
Beginner

Thank you again for your fast response and I am glad to inform you, that I made a game-prototype and tested it with debugger, all works fine,, thank you so much for that.

But when I tried to make a new game ( to test myself, before going to the actual one), I can get it to work not even the debugger, or to build it with Intel XDK, here are the screenshots:

(Everything above that is  installed)
Intel xdk error 5.png

And when I open the Build log with Notepad++ I found this at the bottom of the log:

Intel xdk error 5.1_0.png

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I have filed a bug report for our build system regarding the build error you are seeing. It appears that some of the Android build libs are out of date and need to be updated.

0 Kudos
Mladen_H_
Beginner
Hi everyone! I developed simple but intresting game in construct 2. In constrct2 preview everything works excellent. Also on preview on mobile and tablet by wi fi. I am successfully export game on desktop of my computer. I was very exciting beacuse it is my first project and i have not experience on programing at all. Last two week i am trying to export game to intel xdk and make android app. First, i export to folder on local disc wia cordoba, then import to intel xdk using xdk file. With litle problem such is exit function and sometimes slowing down everything works excellent on emulator. Then building the android app. Filling up the building properties, exept codova white list beacuse i dont understand what is form request. When is app installed on my phone its open just title layout and it is works good. I have sound and all object, all functions, such exit, sound on/off, works but one text object missing and back function by cocoon plugin, dont work. When i touch play ther is blackout and app stops working.Also the live wallpaper on mobile disappear. My game is organize on two layout and two even sheet.First is title layout and event sheet and second is play layout and event sheet. Firstwal i think that intel xdk dont recognize object which is out off screen and i try resolve this in construct 2. But i did nothing.I am desperate and loose nerves. As i sed, i am not familiar with programing and experts terms. I need help. Full of hope, Mladen Horvat.
0 Kudos