Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Construct2 white bar or white line during app startup init

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Many Construct2 users are reporting a "white bar" or a "white line" during the startup of their app, especially when built with Crosswalk for Android. The following observations and solution may help with that problem. This topic on the Scirra forum covers the same issue > https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=171108&p=1033751#p1033751

The problem is not being caused by the splash screen plugin or the XDK. It appears to be the result of some competition between the Crosswalk webview init and the Android webview init and the C2 canvas init or some other init code...

Try adding the following lines to your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file:

<platform name="android">
    <!-- set Crosswalk default background color -->
    <!-- see http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Color.html -->
    <!-- <preference name="BackgroundColor" value="0xFFFF0000" /> -->
    <preference name="BackgroundColor" value="0x00000000" />
</platform>

0x00000000 is supposed to configure the webview background color to be "transparent black"; at least according to the docs and the plugin code...

...and you should be able to set that color to anything you want.

The white band appears to cause the initial C2 image screen to bounce up and down momentarily, which the "transparent black" setting seems to stop. A similar "bouncing" event can be seen with the Android webview on an Android 5+ device, but without the white color band you see on the Crosswalk webview.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ariska_Hidayat
Beginner

Is it possible to use a construct which is free for XDK?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ariska -- sorry, but I don't understand the question.

0 Kudos
Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

Hi Paul F.

Is it possible to do likewise for ios?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Konstantin -- are you seeing a similar problem with iOS apps? If so, could you provide me with a sample that illustrates the problem. I've not seen this behavior on iOS, but I may not be working with apps that cause to happen.

0 Kudos
Crashing_C_
Beginner

I have different layouts, with minimum stuff on them, while building without optimizing with crosswalk, the switch between layout is seamless, without any glitch, but there is a regular framerate drops.

And if I optimize with crosswalk, framerate isssue is gone, but everytime the layout switches, a black screen appears for a split second ? Can't get rid of it...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When you switch between layouts, are you switching between multiple HTML files? In other words, is your app constructed of multiple HTML files, rather than a single index.html? If so, I recommend you rebuild your app to use a single index.html file. See this Cordova doc for more details > https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/next/ <

0 Kudos