Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cordova Hybrid Legacy Unavailable - version 3522

Honda20
Beginner
Hi Intel Support When I created a new Cordova project I cannot see Cordova hybrid legacy white listing. This is the only way to build a native app from a website url. Can we request to restore this back on next xdk release please. Honda20
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You do not need the hybrid legacy option, the new white listing option is a superset of the old. You may need to add CSP rules to your index.html file. Pleas see the white listing documentation for references to CSP articles and some sample CSP rules.

0 Kudos
Honda20
Beginner
Hi Paul. Thanks. I read csp but I cannot find it. I am looking for a Native webview, currently I can it is webview that run in browser. where do I configure for url to run in a native webview. Regards Honda20
0 Kudos
Honda20
Beginner

Hi Paul, I looked into this link and added all into my index.html and replaced to my own url, also added the code in intelxdk.config.android.xml.

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/reference/cordova-plugin-whitelist/

I can see no external browser open, however it turns black after the splashscreen loaded.

Please advice.

Honda20 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Honda -- when you build an XDK app you are building a Cordova (aka PhoneGap app). The app runs in a "native webview." If you choose Crosswalk it simply means the native webview is replaced with the Crosswalk webview. In both cases your app is running inside a webview, it is not running in a browser.

The cordova-plugin-whitelist you are referring to is automatically added to your project when it is build. The rules you define in the whitelist section of the Build Settings (on the Project tab) create rules that are used by that plugin. You should not be adding that plugin to your application, it will be automatically added. That plugin works in the background to determine which external resources your app is allowed to access, it does not turn your web site into an app, it simply defines the rules associated with external access from within the webview.

If you want to turn your website into an app I recommend you search for examples by searching for something like "Cordova app from my website" or something like that.

If all you want to do is open a page of your website, from within the webview, I recommend you use the inAppBrowser plugin. See that plugin's documentation for examples on how to use it.

0 Kudos
Honda20
Beginner

Thanks Paul. I made it.

0 Kudos