Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cordova plugins problems

Olga_V_
Beginner

Hi!

I have an app that uses AppRate Cordova/Phonegap plugin and PhoneGap Social Sharing plugin for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. In my old app created with CLI 4.1.2 both the plugins work well. This week I've updated the Intel SDK and I've created new app with the same plugins. I've added the plugins with the Plugin Management, compiled my App and found that no plugin works. What can be the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can stick with CLI 4.1.2, when you upgraded it should have left you at 4.1.2. Check to see if you are building with CLI 5 or CLI 4. If you are experiencing this problem with CLI 4, we can search further into the issue.

0 Kudos
Olga_V_
Beginner
CLI 4.1.2 doesn't solve the problem
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Olga, it's possible the plugin manager has pulled in a different version of the plugins you were using. The prior versions of the XDK did not do a good job of maintaining the specific version of the plugins you were using. Also, some folks have been using the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file to add plugins, which is no longer a good idea. Are you adding plugins through the additions file or through the plugin manager (on the Projects tab)?

0 Kudos