Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Crosswalk Android app do not recognize previous database of Android app

Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I have an APP that use internal database (websql). It is working well.

Now, I´m trying to build the same APP using Crosswalk. The first test on real device, I noticed that my database is not recognized. It seems that it is a new installation. The APP create a new database empty.

How I can use the same database? I can´t lose the data and restart.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hakim_T_
Beginner

I confirm that I have seen this problem too, after  working on an upgrade version I have seen the database on some devices being erased, the problem is that I noticed that it is an intermittent behavior.

Hope this helps figure out what is going on, on a side note this version 1816 is really slow in terms of using the IDE.

thank you

hakim

0 Kudos
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

I've heard that this may be related to a Crosswalk issue that was fixed in Crosswalk 10.  Can you make sure the crosswalk version is set to 10 in your build settings?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Yes, I choosed Crosswalk 10 in Crosswalk Build Settings.

0 Kudos
Hakim_T_
Beginner

Yes I am using Crosswalk version 10 too and the problem was observed again just now installed the app on 3 devices which had a previous version installed and all of them had an empty database even though during the installation it was saying that this is an update and your data will be saved.

Thx

0 Kudos
Hakim_T_
Beginner

Any word on this, I am having half of my users loosing their database, this needs to be addressed urgently

Thank you for your help

Hakim

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, but I am not aware of a fix for this issue.

0 Kudos