Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Data Path not set

Mwesigwa_E_
Beginner

Am a newbie to Intel xdk, however i have been using Appery.io platform and everything seems familiar, I have a problem binding a webservice response to any componet,easch time i choose Multiple, the data path shows "not set".i have watched video tutorials and the data path sets it's self automatically..eg movies[].

Screenshot 2017-01-04 20.04.43.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

What happens when you change the controller type to single instead of multiple?

0 Kudos
Mwesigwa_E_
Beginner

This is what happens when i choose single. When i bind the objects to the list component, the looping does not happen. Infact even the single list item does not get the data.for example it will remain  as  {{entry.["resource"]["0"]["Description"]}} when previewed in the simulator.

Screenshot 2017-01-05 10.33.34.png

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

We are currently looking into this problem - it is a bug with the data binding. Once there is new information on a workaround or it is fixed, we will post information about it. See this thread for the similar issue > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/703233 < they are doing single data bindings, but it seems to be the same root cause.

0 Kudos
Kiriakos_T_
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem while using RSS reader from web services. Is there any solution, yet?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is no resolution, yet. A bug has been issued for engineering.

0 Kudos
Odyssefs_E_
Beginner

Same here. None of my services works. I am running build 3759 and the new one makes things even worse. It crashes every time I am trying to save the binding.

0 Kudos