Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Debug module with alternate source folder?

Silviu_I_
Beginner

Since the Intel XDK doesn't do build hooks and doesn't minify js code when building, I've had to make a batch file that will duplicate the www folder (in a different folder), and minify all the files I want minified.

The problem is, when I switch source folders in the app settings, the Debug tab doesn't load anything on the screen and the XDK may even lock up and become unresponsive.

The app runs on the device, and I can test it. I can also straight up build the app and it will work.

So, does the Debug tab just not support alternate source folders? Or does it just do it badly? Does it not like minified files?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There was such a bug with the Emulate tab, where your sources had to be in the www folder, I was not aware of such a problem with the Debug tab; but that may be the issue. One way around this would be to create two identical projects and have your batch file copy the minified code into the "production project" -- that way both can have a "www" folder. Of course, this takes more effort to insure all the settings, etc. are consistent between the two projects, rather than just having two source folders in the same project with different names, and just changing the "source folder" setting in the project setttings pane.

The Debug tab shouldn't care about minified files, but I've never tried that (other than including a few minified lib files now and then). A way to determine if that is the source of the problem:

• create a project that uses www as the source dir
  • confirm the project works with the Debug tab and clear sources
  • minify the sources (in place, directly in the test project)
  • test again with the Debug tab

0 Kudos
Silviu_I_
Beginner

It works fine with minified js files.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Okay, then it is likely something about the name of the source directory, where it does not work well if the name is not www. I'll file a bug report, but that may take some time to resolve.

0 Kudos
Silviu_I_
Beginner

Thanks, much appreciated!

0 Kudos