Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Default naming fails Windows qualification

David_T_4
Beginner

I can't get rid of the following error when submitting to the Win10 store:

Error Found: The branding validation test encountered the following errors:

Image file storelogo.scale-100.png is a default image.

Image file splashscreen.scale-100.png is a default image.

I thought this was due to missing images at first, but when I dig into the layers of (zipped) files, I can actually find these files, and the references in the appropriate manifest file.

I've got an email into MS, but what I think this error is actually complaining about is the NAMES used, where the assumption is that these are default names that SDKs might use, so they are expecting different names from these generic (yet accurate) image names. If I knew how to rebundle these I'd just try editing myself, but I don't, am am hoping you/someone can verify this issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've asked one of our Windows build experts to take a closer look.

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

Microsoft's Package validator is not rejecting your application when I upload it. At what point in the Microsoft Store submission process did you receive this error?

0 Kudos
David_T_4
Beginner

That's interesting! I tried a week after this post, and didn't have any problem. I've posted my app since, and it is now live. I had assumed that you guys must have done something in the background to fix this. I did grumble to Microsoft, so maybe they did something, I don't know.

I guess you can close this issue now. Thanks.

0 Kudos