Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Depth data in Matlab for R200

Zack_L_
Beginner

Hi, I hope all of you are well. 

I am currently working on a project where I am trying to detect objects while the camera is in motion. To detect these objects I was thinking of gathering the depth and spatial data in Matlab where I can run an algorithm to determine where exactly this object is. My only problem is i cannot figure out how to pull this real time data from the real sense camera. I am assuming this data is contained somewhere in the intrinsics struct. If anyone could provide any useful tips I would be very greatful.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesusG_Intel

Hello Zack, please see the SDK documentation for object tracking and recognition here: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_or_object_recognition.html. Note that the SDK Object Recognition module is able to recognize a limited set of objects.

The SDK team does not support Matlab integration.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like further assistance, please post your question in the RealSense Community. This forum in the Intel Developer Zone will soon be archived and all support will be handled in RealSense Community.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos